This is my son, Abram. Allow me a few moments to explain what he doesn't do:
- He doesn't cook.
- He doesn't do the dishes.
- He doesn't take out the trash.
- He doesn't mow the lawn.
- He doesn't sweep the floors.
- He doesn't bathe himself.
- He doesn't believe in toilets.
- He doesn't change his diapers.
- He doesn't dress himself.
- He doesn't contribute to the household income.
Practically speaking, he doesn't contribute much at all.
But guess what, I love him. I don't just love him; I'm CRAZY about him. I delight in him. You know why? He's my son. That's it. No conditions. No exceptions.
You needed to hear this today. Stop laboring for your love. God doesn't love you because you "do." He loves you because you "are." That's it. No conditions. No exceptions.
"This is real love - not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins." 1 John 4:10